Software Engineer - Stability Platform
Uber is looking for Software Engineers for the Aerodrome team to build awesome tools for Uber’s Engineering org. We’re part of the Infrastructure group, and that makes us the engineers for the engineers. You will help create libraries, automation, update testing tools, and improve pre-production environments. You will be vital to sustain Uber’s rapid growth.
You will incorporate and improve technologies such as Phabricator, Jenkins, and Artifactory as well as add new functionality to our development and deploy flows to allow engineers to better understand the impact of the changes they make. Your contributions will not only be important to your team, but to all of Uber’s engineers.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- You enjoy building tools and environments that empower engineers to do great work.
- You can identify emerging patterns and get ahead of the need for new tools, resources, and automation.
- You’re a quality czar. You like to go fast, but you also recognize the importance of testing and quality assurance.
- You care about writing clear documentation so that other engineers can jump in and get stuff done
Skills we’re looking for:
- Proficiency in at least one of these (bonus for more than one): Python, Java, Go
- Experience improving code quality through some combination of unit tests, load/performance tests, integration tests, UI tests, chaos monkey, dependency testing, and monitoring
- Ability to identify testing gaps and improve tests, test strategies, and code coverage
- Prior experience working in Linux environments
- Some knowledge of full stack infrastructure from front-end to back-end would be ideal
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Back to top