Software Engineer - Simulation, Self-Driving
At the ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in San Francisco and Pittsburgh, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our bi-coastal teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
Do you enjoy imagining challenging situations for complex, vehicle software? Are you equally comfortable with automated systems in both the physical world and virtual environments? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of energy to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? Uber ATG is hiring simulation test engineers who have a keen attention to detail and willingness to dive in and help us create the best AVs operating around the world.
We are looking for Simulation Technicians with experience developing environments and scenarios using 3D Simulation or Game Development tools to challenge for our autonomous vehicle software.
What you'll need
- Proficiency in C++
- Basic working knowledge of Python or another scripting language
- Basic understanding of 3D math and graphics
- Experience with game engines such as Unity3d and Unreal
- Experience with modeling and simulation environments
- Experience developing CAD-like software
- Experience developing agent behaviors, physics, gameplay, tools, or GUIs.
- 3+ years relevant work experience or equivalent graduate work
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top