Software Engineer - Simulation, Self-Driving
Uber ATG is the Pittsburgh R&D hub of Uber’s engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. This team is responsible for developing long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. Our research will make the process of moving real assets and real people safer and more efficient now, and in the decades to come.
Do you enjoy imagining challenging situations for complex, vehicle software? Are you equally comfortable with automated systems in both the physical world and virtual environments? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of energy to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? Uber ATG is hiring simulation test engineers who have a keen attention to detail and willingness to dive in and help us create the best AVs operating around the world.
We are looking for Simulation Engineers with experience designing environments and scenarios using 3D Simulation or Game Development tools to challenge for our autonomous vehicle software.
Uber ATG is seeking Autonomous Vehicle Simulation Engineers with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in level design, game design or test design using a modeling and simulation or game engine environment, such as Unity3d, Unreal, CryEngine, Havok, OneSAF Simulation
- Familiarity with Geographic or Geospatial Data, GIS, CTDB for scene creation from real world data
- System testing for complex automated or robotic systems based on high level requirements
- Familiarity with driving behaviors and DOT safety requirements in urban and highway road networks
- Ability to develop analysis tools and automated reporting systems
- Ability to rapidly learn and use new software tools to environments
- Basic experience generating test scripts or tools in C/C++, Python, C#, Lua, etc.
- Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
- Highly proficient in communicating with test engineers, software engineers, and managers
- 2+ years relevant work experience or equivalent graduate work
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top