Software Engineer - Simulation, Self-Driving
At the ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in San Francisco and Pittsburgh, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our bi-coastal teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
We're building a multi-disciplinary team devoted to making an impact on creating reliable self-driving technology at scale. Can you help our team develop state of the art robotics autonomy with perception, prediction, and motion planning systems for a self-driving vehicle? You will work with a team of experts that range from sensor development, system optimizations, GPU development, embedded systems, route planning, vehicle behaviors to cyber security! It takes a wide range of talent to scale our production system.
We need your skills and passion to help make it happen! We are looking for technically deep engineers with the skills and focus to meet our goals.
Do you enjoy building games and 3D virtual environments? Do you like simulating realistic worlds and situations? Uber ATG is hiring experienced software engineers for developing our core simulation technology.
What you'll need
- Proficiency in C++
- Basic working knowledge of Python or another scripting language
- Basic understanding of 3D math and graphics
- Experience with game engines such as Unity3d and Unreal
- Experience with modeling and simulation environments
- Experience developing CAD-like software
- Experience developing agent behaviors, physics, gameplay, tools, or GUIs.
- 3+ years relevant work experience or equivalent graduate work
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top