Software Engineer - Semantics Platform, Platform Interface(Full stack/Frontend)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by boldness and an appetite for production. We're looking for team players with excellent product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence. Our organizational challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and excited to create systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike.
As a member of the Core Services team, you will be responsible for developing core business platforms and reusable service components to improve productivity and availability across Uber's business tier, and Ops products to make UBER an industry leading example of Operational Excellence. These core platforms (i.e. User, Product, Trip, Cohorting, Searching, etc.) serve as the essential backbone to fuel the most dynamic and fastest growing startup in the world, Uber. If you are passionate about designing and building extremely reliable, highly scalable, and performant multi-tenant services that never fail, this is right group for you.
The Platform Interfaces team is building a unified platform that simplifies the access to business data (e.g., rider, driver, trip etc). Our goal is to increase productivity of engineers across Uber by eliminating coordination across thousands of microservices.
Our flagship, Business Object Broker (BOB), provides a composition layer with features like GraphQL, relationship traversals and searchability. We focus on simplicity, speed, and scale. Our product will power thousands of Uber internal services/products that serve tens of millions customers each and every day.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a related field, with 5 plus years of working experience
- Prior experience with large-scale distributed systems, including multi-tier architectures
- Excellent programming skills in one of Go, Java, C/C++, or Python
- Experience in working with Linux, MySQL, Cassandra,
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Prior experience in elasticsearch, graph databases is a plus
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top