Software Engineer, Self Driving
At the ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in San Francisco and Pittsburgh, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our bi-coastal teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
We're building a multi-disciplinary team devoted to making an impact on creating reliable self-driving technology at scale. Can you help our team develop state of the art robotics autonomy with perception, prediction, and motion planning systems for a self-driving vehicle? You will work with a team of experts that range from sensor development, system optimizations, GPU development, embedded systems, route planning, vehicle behaviors to cyber security! It takes a wide range of talent to scale our production system.
We need your skills and passion to help make it happen! We are looking for technically deep engineers with the skills and focus to meet our goals.
What you'll do
- Hands-on experience working with self-driving vehicles - interacting and shaping robotic technology!
- Develop innovative solutions for challenging problems with scalable, production quality software.
- Collaborate with an amazing team of highly skilled group of people all tackling challenges of autonomous vehicles
- Watch your input and efforts in practice with our fleet self-driving vehicles
What you'll need
- Coding skills: you are comfortable reading and developing production quality software with C++ and Python in a Linux environment
- Fast Learner : you thrive on learning new technologies, create innovative solutions on a collaborative team
- Team Player: you believe that you can achieve more on a team. You support and encourage your teammates to excel. You rely on others' feedback for continuous improvement.
- Self Starter: you have a desire to take initiative and provide leadership with composure. You enjoy getting into the details, resolve problems, build things, and draw out the best in others. You are a motivator.
- Analytics: you have an ability to analyze test results ant build, use and configure automated reporting systems.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top