Software Engineer - Security (Seattle)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe. We are seeking experienced software engineers with a solid security background. You will join our Tools Access Platform team and build platform level software and libraries, which protect Uber's internal tools and applications in both corporate and production environments.
Who you are
An ideal candidate shall own expertise and experience in software development and security engineering. You will build high quality software to enhance internal tools and application protection. Part of your job duty is to review and guide other internal teams' system designs/implementations which may have security impact.
What you'll do
- Develop high quality software to enhance application level security
- Drive the implementation and integration of tools and services for authentication, authorization, role based access controls, capability and policy management, auditing and compliance
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture and systems security
- Collaborate with other engineering & business teams to execute against the vision and roadmap
What you'll need
- At least 3 years of hands-on coding experience in two of the following languages: Go, Java, C/C++, Python, Node.js.
- Ability to write high quality code: reliable, efficient, easy to debug and maintain
- A solid understanding of information security standards & methodologies
- Familiarity with security architecture, network protocols, cloud storage/computing, and software engineering practices
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to distill complex security problems and drive toward creative solutions
- Strong organizational and relationship skills
- Familiarity with big data technologies: preferred
Back to top