Software Engineer - Safety & Telematics
Uber is hard at work revolutionizing the way people move throughout the world. We provide innovative solutions for global markets, each with a unique supply/demand and experience dynamic.
At the core of product and engineering development at Uber, the Trust & Safety team is driven to deliver unparalleled experiences to our customers. Specifically, we are focused on safety and trust within our ecosystem, the quality of the trip taking experience and the quality of support customers receive in the rare case that something goes wrong. Our vision is to create experiences that enable Uber to be universally recognized as the provider of flawless transportation and best-in-class support.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong track record of shipping high-quality product features on schedule.
- Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems.
- Data-driven architecture and systems design.
- Familiarity with or interest in Node.js/Python/Go.
- Passion for building scalable software, leveraging intelligent algorithms and making impactful changes.
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to build products that are accessible to users with disabilities is a plus.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top