Software Engineer - Risk and Safety Platform
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
You like sifting through terabytes of data, moving them from system to system, transforming them from one format to the other in the most efficient way. You are passionate about developing scalable, flexible and fault tolerant software systems. You are creative and not afraid of exploring new technologies. Well, we want you to put all of those skills to use as one of the key members of a rapidly growing Fraud Engineering team at Uber.
You will work with internal and external partners taking on fraud from soup to nuts… from helping to define and isolate the problem space to engineering next-generation solutions. Your goals are simple: help zero in on fraudulent activity before it happens and make a significant impact on the company's bottom line.
What you'll need
- Excellent engineering background
- Experience in distributed, scalable, fault tolerant and high performant systems
- Experience in capturing, handling, manipulating, transforming large scale data
- SOA experience
- An open and curious nature and motivated self-starter attitude - we've got a problem to solve and need you to figure out how to resolve it
- Skills in Python, MySQL, Node.js, etc.
- Experience in frontend technologies, such as JQuery, is a plus
- Experience in the fraud space is a plus, but not required. Either way, you should be passionate about taking on the problem and the impact you can have on the company.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top