Software Engineer, Reliability Platform
Uber is seeking an experienced software engineer to design and build a robust platform to help to deliver high reliability, performance, efficiency to all systems at Uber, hence to make one of the fastest growing engineering orgs in the world successful!
Reliability Platform is building a software platform that provides effective solutions for the entire engineering org to fulfill the need of reliability: immunity to performance regression and functional regression throughout fast system iteration and resilience to infrastructure failures or degradation. We also building effective reliability testing and enforcement mechanisms, with visibility into the platform’s level of fault tolerance and robustness. With this company-wide impacting effort, we help the entire Uber platform to become a more robust and efficient system.
What you will be doing:
- Design and develop SDK libraries to facilitate development of complicated workflows;
- Design and develop high-scale and efficient backend system executing concurrent tasks with large amount of traffic output;
- Design and develop self-service interface for efficient management and intuitive visibility;
- Collaborate with teams on deep integration of multiple systems at Uber;
- Research, implement and drive end-to-end solutions across engineering teams to address common reliability or performance issues
Skills we’re looking for:
- Developers pursuing high code quality and efficiency, as well as best engineering practices.
- 100% hands on – willing to get to the bottom of things and always pursuing the best solution.
- Passionate about building scalable solutions and driving infrastructure automation.
- Solid Unix/Linux skills.
- Our core languages are Python, Java, and Go. Familiarity is preferred but not at all required.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top