Software Engineer - Operations Platform
The Operations Platform team builds the tools that make Uber tick. Our global operations teams grow Uber’s business in every city around the world, and we provide the tools they need to do so as quickly and intelligently as possible. From unlocking and launching new products to managing core workflows, we’re currently building the first version of many of these tools. It’s an incredible opportunity to make a huge impact on Uber at the ground level, both in terms of software and product design.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Product sense. You create more than beautiful code. Engineers at Uber play a crucial role in determining what we build and how we build it.
- Versatility. You understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Architecture chops. You build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct, monitored, documented, and tested.
Team player. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re making transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. . We need your brains and passion to make that vision a reality!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top