Software Engineer - Money (Palo Alto)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Are you a skilled software engineer who is passionate about massive scalability and reaching international markets? We want to talk to you!
We're looking for excellent fundamentals, a willingness to learn a thing or two about finance (no experience necessary), and an unstoppable desire accomplish the tasks at hand.
Uber's Money Engineering team maintains and enhances the payment platform and infrastructure that is consumed by Uber programs. Up & running at all times, this is one of our largest scalable systems and the complex day-to-day interactions require careful coordination from engineers that have a deep sense of quality, security, and ingenuity.
Our technology stack is primarily Python/GO and while experience with these languages is great, it's not a necessity. World class engineering is the focus at Uber, not the tools that you already know.
What you'll need
- Fast, self-guided learning: The one constant at Uber is growth, and all of our systems are constantly evolving to meet the needs of our high growth environment. Engineers are expected to learning quickly and continue to improve their craft to ensure that our systems can meet the needs of our business.
- Boldness: Our growth requires embracing change with sureness and an action-oriented attitude. We expect our engineers to be proactive about addressing both operational and scalability challenges as we grow.
- Architecture Skills: The services we build in Uber's Payments Team are highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant. Our engineers know the trade offs involved in developing high scale architectures. We are committed to making timely decisions to ensure that our payment systems can continue to match our rider and partner growth.
- Passion: Engineers at Uber know what it means to truly own their services. Quality, performance, and robustness are expected of all services. Engineers take ownership of the uptime of their services, and they are empowered with the tools to do what is necessary to keep them running. Great monitoring, alerting, and test coverage are championed at Uber and we provide engineers with the tools to do so.
- Cross Team Communication: Engineers on Uber Payments work closely with groups like Accounting, Finance and Mobile to address new opportunities, work through requirements, and improve our operational efficiency. We also work closely with our Fraud team to identify bad actors in our payment systems and neutralize any threats. Supporting these other groups within Uber is a key part of scaling our business.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top