Software Engineer - Mobile (Uber EATS)
Do you want to build the mobile apps that power Uber’s next big business? Are you passionate about working with a fast-paced team at the cutting edge of innovation? Would you like to design, develop, and ship code that solves complex, large-scale problems?
Our team will bring Uber’s magical ride experience to delivery and make UberEATS the single largest food delivery service in the world. At the very core of our work, you’ll find the dispatching and other real-time systems which form the foundation for the entire Uber logistics platform.
UberEATS is looking for talented and passionate Mobile engineers to build a mobile app that enables flawless and reliable food delivery across the world.
We’re looking for:
We’re seeking programmers of all stripes, from old hat Cocoa and Android developers looking to hone their craft to kernel hackers and backend engineers keen to start shaping user experiences more directly. If you’re excited about mobile development, committed to thoughtful design, and like tackling problems of unprecedented scale on a small, fast-moving team, you’ll fit right in here.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A passion for delightful mobile user experiences
- Rock-solid programming fundamentals
- A track record of successfully shipped software
- Deep familiarity with debugging, performance measurement, and test-driven development
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Apps you’ve shipped on the store that you’re proud to share
- In-depth knowledge of iOS or Android SDKs
- A github account with cool projects to peruse
- Experience with mobile location and mapping technology
- A working knowledge of common design tools
- Backend or web development experience
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top