Software Engineer - Mobile Test Platform
The Mobile Test Platform team is building innovative testing infrastructure and tools to scale to the needs of rapid development as well as provide a unified and comprehensive set of tools for our developers. We showcased our test runner, Octopus, at @Scale 2016 and GTAC 2015. Come join us to work on building the next generation of test infrastructure for mobile applications. Add to our toolset of Ape (stability/stress testing), UI automation, test parallelization, and other testing infrastructure. Apply machine learning and latest technologies to take our tools to the next level and venture into areas where no others have gone. Build the infrastructure, tools, and frameworks that will be used by all of our mobile engineering teams and help us to promote best practices in testing.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Build scalable mobile test infrastructure, most from scratch
- Build advanced test automation frameworks
- Build test/development tools to ensure product quality and improve engineering productivity
- Build tools/workflows to help track/monitor various product quality metrics.
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system.
HERE ARE THE KIND OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Excellent coding skills and software design skills
- BS+ in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of software development or developing infrastructure
- Experience developing mobile apps and/or mobile testing frameworks/tools
- Deep knowledge of Android or iOS technology stack, or full stack developer
- Extensive experience in two or more of the following technologies: Robolectric, Espresso, Dagger 2, Objective-C, Swift, React JS, Mocking libraries (like Mockito/OCMock)
- Hands-on experience with dependency injection and unit testing a strong plus
- Experience in application profiling (network, memory, battery) a strong plus
- Experience building full stack web applications using open-source technologies a plus
- Excellent problem solver and critical thinker
- Passion to work on new emerging technologies and build prototypes
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to build products that are accessible to users with disabilities, a plus
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top