Software Engineer - Mobile Platform and Tooling
As we grow our mobile engineering team, we want to empower our engineers to deliver software consistently, reliably and with minimal friction. For this role, we’re seeking software engineers who are comfortable using multiple programming languages, with a passion for mobile, automation and quality. We want you to help us build the tooling and infrastructure required to support thousands of engineers and deliver our mobile applications to millions of users around the globe.
This isn’t just about applying off the shelf stuff – it’s about pursuing really world-class solutions. You will play a key role within our team, leading the way to help Uber push its engineering, build and automation practices to the next level.
Success for this role in the first 90 days looks like:
- Shipping services/tools that greatly increase developer productivity.
- Diving deep into our build infrastructure and tooling to make it more stable/performant.
- R&D into the latest available tooling/technologies and adopt them into our stack.
- Solid fundamentals in software engineering and concepts such as design patterns, testing, build systems and automation in the continuous delivery space.
- At least 5 years of experience working in either (mobile) applications development, automation or building frameworks/libraries.
- In-depth understanding and direct experience in mobile technologies and platforms (iOS and/or Android).
- Able to collaborate and communicate with a global team to help determine gaps in our tooling and infrastructure and help drive solutions.
A plus if you have:
- Experience with cross-platform engineering.
- Experience building developer tools and integrations with software such as IDEs.
- Experience in the Devops space
What we offer
- Employees are given Uber rides every month.
- Opportunity to join a new office; shape the strategic direction of the engineering efforts in Amsterdam.
- Fun & informal office environment.
- Exceptionally sharp & motivated co-workers
- Free lunch everyday!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top