Software Engineer - Mobile Platform and Tooling
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
As we grow our mobile engineering team, we want to empower our engineers to deliver software consistently, reliably and with minimal friction. For this role, we're seeking software engineers who are comfortable using multiple programming languages, with a passion for mobile, automation and quality. We want you to help us develop the tooling and infrastructure necessary to support thousands of engineers and deliver our mobile applications to millions of users around the globe.
This isn't just about applying things off the shelf - it's about pursuing really world-class solutions. You will play a key role within our team, leading the way to help Uber push its engineering, build and automation practices up a notch.
Excellence in this role in the first 90 days looks like:
- Shipping services/tools that greatly increase developer productivity.
- Diving deep into our build infrastructure and tooling to make it more stable/performant.
- R&D into the latest available tooling/technologies and adopt them into our stack.
What you'll need
- Excellent fundamentals in software engineering and concepts such as design patterns, testing, build systems and automation in the continuous delivery space.
- At least 5 years of experience working in either (mobile) applications development, automation or creating frameworks/libraries.
- In-depth understanding and direct experience in mobile technologies and platforms (iOS and/or Android).
- Able to collaborate and communicate with a global team to help discover gaps in our tooling and infrastructure and help drive solutions.
- Experience with cross-platform engineering.
- Experience making developer tools and integrations with software such as IDEs.
- Experience in the Devops space.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber rides every month.
- Opportunity to join a new office; shape the strategic direction of the engineering efforts in Amsterdam.
- Exciting & informal office environment.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Exceptionally smart, engaged co-workers.
- Free lunch everyday!
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top