Software Engineer - Mobile (Marketplace Platform)
Marketplace fulfilment is responsible for the core matching experience, dispatch and trip lifecycle for all riders and drivers on the Uber Platform. In addition we build and manage the platforms that power Uber’s emerging markets such as uberEATs and uberRUSH. The Marketplace Fulfillment platform operates in real time and strives to be as available as running water. We are the heart of Uber’s operations and team members are afforded and rewarded with the impact that so many search for.
You’ll be part of the team that builds the most reliable, efficient and extensible dispatch platform end-to-end.
What we’re looking for:
- 3 to 5 years of experience developing, shipping and maintaining native iOS/Android apps
- Experience collaborating on software projects with backend aspects
- Fluent writing unit/functional tests, familiar with automation frameworks
- Deep understanding of MVC/OOP design.
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem-solving
Bonus points if you have:
- Deep understanding of networking protocol stacks TCP/IP, HTTP1.1, HTTP2
- Excellent debugging skills, being able to troubleshoot issues using Charles proxy, tcpdump, ping. traceroute.
- Experience as a full stack developer working from the client to backend web services
- A github account with some cool projects in it
iOS bonus points:
- Experience working with iOS frameworks and asynchronous programming with GCD
- Fluent writing unit/functional tests, familiar with automation frameworks (e.g Kiwi, Calabash, Frank)
Android bonus points:
- Experience working with Android frameworks and MVC/OOP design.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top