Software Engineer - Mobile App Health
The Mobile App Health team is obsessed with keeping our mobile apps healthy and nimble at all times. As a mobile only company and that has to scale globally, it is an absolute requirement for us to guarantee that our apps are as reliable as running water. Mobile App Health team plays a key role in this big goal by developing infrastructure and solutions. We detect any anomaly (e.g. a crash spike) in a few minutes and provide actionable insight to mitigate the issues in a couple of ten minutes. The portfolio of features we own spans over multiple dimensions: monitoring, alerting, ticketing, reporting, data-visualization, etc. As a passionate, software engineer, you will be helping us to take these efforts to a next level: You will be designing and developing new end-to-end solutions to prevent anomalies instead of just detecting and mitigating reactively.
- Inherently inquisitive and motivated by big engineering problems
- An optimistic, team-player mindset
- B.S. in Computer Science or related fields (or, proven track record in software development)
- Solid coding and software design skills
- Experience in end-to-end software development
- Familiarity in distributed systems & architecture
- From college graduate to 5 years of experience
Bonus points if you have familiarity in:
- One of the high-level programming languages: Java, C++, Go, C#
- One of the scripting languages: Python, Node, PHP
- Mobile development: iOS, Android
- Web development: React, JScript, HTML, CSS, REST
- Other desired technologies: Kafka, ElasticSearch, MySQL, S3, Hive/Hadoop
- Statistics, Machine Learning
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting people, places, and things through our apps, we make cities more accessible and open up possibilities for riders, drivers, and businesses alike. To continue to improve our products and expand into new markets, Uber needs to hire the best and brightest talent across the globe at a lightning pace.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top