Software Engineer - Microservice Ownership Platform
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Core Observability team is building systems for consumption by every other engineering team at Uber. We're writing a world-class, open-source, end-to-end metrics stack: a scalable distributed time series database, a tag-based query language, and a fleet-wide ingestion pipeline. At Uber we use this stack to monitor thousands of services that run across tens of thousands of machines, processing hundreds of millions of data points per second.
We're hard at work building this next-generation platform to scale through our next 100x growth phase. Our NYC software engineering efforts are just getting started, so come help shape the culture and tackle these challenges with a small, tight-knit team of experienced engineers.
What You'll Do
- Partner with fellow engineers to architect and build mission critical systems that scale to manage Uber's microservices around the world
- Design and drive critical infrastructure work related to permissions, service ownership, and management
What You'll Need
- Drive and a strong feeling of ownership
- Experience building cross-datacenter, highly-available distributed systems. We need engineers who think about fault-tolerance, durability, and scalability
- Good programming skills and an ability to pick up new languages
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
Back to top