Software Engineer- Machine Learning & Fraud (Palo Alto)
Do you like sifting through terabytes of data, moving them from system to system, transforming them from one format to the other in the most efficient way possible?! Passionate about building scalable, flexible and fault tolerant software systems?! We want you as one of the key members of a young and rapidly growing Fraud Engineering team at Uber!
You will work with internal and external partners tackling all aspects of fraud. From helping to define and isolate the problem space to engineering next-generation solutions. Your goals are simple: help zero in on fraudulent activity before it happens and make a significant impact on the company’s bottom line.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Art least 5 years engineering experience.
- Experience in distributed, scalable, fault tolerant, and high performant systems
- Experience in capturing, handling, manipulating, and transforming large scale data
- SOA experience
- A naturally curious nature and are a driven self-starter – we’ve got a problem to solve and need you to figure out how to solve it
- Skills in Python, MySQL, Node.js, etc.
- Experience in frontend technologies, such as JQuery, is a plus
- Experience in the fraud space is a plus, but not required. Either way, you should be passionate about tackling the problem and you should care about the impact you can have on the company.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top