Software Engineer - Location Search Data
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Are you excited by the idea of using bits to move atoms? Are you excited to have an immediate impact on transportation in hundreds of cities for billions of people and things around the world? If yes, then your search may be over. Our aim is to make transportation as reliable as running water, everywhere for everyone.
We are dedicated to solving incredibly compelling challenges for our mapping and location platform at Uber. You will be working with some of the world's most experienced professionals, programmers, innovators, and scientists on a very user-facing product. Your work will directly impact every single Uber request.
We are looking for engineers who can take large amounts of data, create complex models from it, analyze it, process it, and publish it in production systems. You will be part of a small but important team that has the singular goal to improve search through data quality by whatever means necessary-algorithms, Machine Learning, and even manual editing by operators using tools you developed.
What you'll need
- Ability to develop and interact with very large data processing pipelines, distributed data stores, and distributed file systems.
- Experience designing scalable high performance production services.
- Deep algorithmic and analytical skills. Familiarity with information retrieval, data integration or machine learning are a plus.
- Extra large bonus points for experience with geospatial datasets and services, such as maps, local search, points of interest and business listings data, mobile device location and GPS traces.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top