Software Engineer, Lidar
Uber, Advanced Technologies, Engineering – Imagery is the Louisville, CO division of the Uber Engineering Team: a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and achievement. We focus on the development of key technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our work is primarily in the areas of mapping and sensing. Our team is comprised of world-class developers and engineers with decades of experience and we’re looking for superstar engineers who can work faster and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence.
As an Uber ATE team member, you’ll have a direct impact on the innovation of cutting edge technologies. The work you will do will be hugely impactful. The experience you will gain will be unique and unmatched. Do you dream about changing the world using your passion for engineering? Then you should apply to join our team. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the transportation industry across the world.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Fast learner. We’re looking for team members who thrive on applying their knowledge, learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapid pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of core engineering fields, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code or design “released” until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word and how your technical contributions will influence the viability of future products. Whether you’re working on a software library used by other developers, building a new datacenter abstraction layer, or sensor to be retrofitted on a test vehicle, the other members of the team can depend on the quality of your work to rapidly advance our goals.
Uber Advanced Technologies, Engineering – Imagery is looking for strong lidar engineer. Are you excited to help move people and things more efficiently around the world? Are you excited by the prospect of the handling, tracking, and processing multiple petabytes of data a week? If you have answered yes to any of these questions then you may be a great fit. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting, agile, and rapidly growing new organization. As a member of the Cameras and Sensors team, you’ll help design new hardware, implement cutting edge algorithms, and build sensors to help improve the maps from around the world.
Here are the skills that we are looking for:
- Experience with LiDAR data processing, filtering, and calibration
- Experience with point cloud segmentation
- Experience with Machine Learning for 3D object classification (a plus)
- Experience with Python/Java/Go
- Able to effectively document and communicate deployment and testing procedure
- Ability to innovate and apply new automated testing methods
- Able to work in a fast changing environment with requirements that can change regularly
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top