Software Engineer - Legal Engineering (Seattle)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber is looking for Software Engineers for the Legal Engineering team to build infrastructure and services for managing legal risk and satisfying e-discovery related needs. You will help maintain and build micro-services that provide legal related functionality and data as well as tools and platforms to automate and improve efficiency of legal processes. You will be vital to support Uber's world-class legal and security teams.
What you'll do
- You enjoy working across the stack to build tools, apis, interfaces, and services that empower others to do great work with less effort
- You can identify emerging patterns and get ahead of the need for new tools, resources, and automation.
- You have attention to detail and quality. You like to go fast, but you also recognize the importance of testing and quality assurance.
- You care about writing clear documentation so that other engineers can jump in and get stuff done
What you'll need
- Expert level in at least one of these (bonus for more than one): Python, Go, Java
- Experience with non-relational datastores (ELK, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience delivering libraries or features to customers (APIs, platforms, libraries, etc)
- Experience improving code quality through some combination of unit tests, load/performance tests, integration tests, UI tests, chaos monkey, dependency testing, and monitoring
- Ability to identify testing gaps and improve tests, test strategies, and code coverage
- Prior experience working in Linux environments
- Familiarity with NLP (natural language processing) concepts or libraries is a plus
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top