Software Engineer - Legal Engineering (Seattle)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is looking for Software Engineers for the Legal Engineering team to build infrastructure and services for managing legal risk and satisfying e-discovery related needs. You will help maintain and build micro-services that provide legal related functionality and data as well as tools and platforms to automate and improve efficiency of legal processes. You will be vital to support Uber's world-class legal and security teams.
Qualities we're looking for:
- You enjoy working across the stack to build tools, apis, interfaces, and services that empower others to do great work with less effort
- You can identify emerging patterns and get ahead of the need for new tools, resources, and automation.
- You have attention to detail and quality. You like to go fast, but you also recognize the importance of testing and quality assurance.
- You care about writing clear documentation so that other engineers can jump in and get stuff done
Skills we're looking for:
- Expert level in at least one of these (bonus for more than one): Python, Go, Java
- Experience with non-relational datastores (ELK, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience delivering libraries or features to customers (APIs, platforms, libraries, etc)
- Experience improving code quality through some combination of unit tests, load/performance tests, integration tests, UI tests, chaos monkey, dependency testing, and monitoring
- Ability to identify testing gaps and improve tests, test strategies, and code coverage
- Prior experience working in Linux environments
- Familiarity with NLP (natural language processing) concepts or libraries is a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top