Software Engineer - iOS (Platform)
The Uber mobile team is looking for talented developers who are passionate about accelerating a worldwide transportation revolution. We’re just getting started with our millions of users and hundreds of markets, and exciting challenges loom ahead. Come help us introduce radical new features while preserving the magical simplicity of the Uber experience.
We’re seeking programmers of all stripes, from old hat Cocoa and Android developers looking to hone their craft to kernel hackers and backend engineers keen to start shaping user experiences more directly. If you’re excited about mobile development, committed to thoughtful design, and like tackling problems of unprecedented scale on a small, fast-moving team, you’ll fit right in here.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A passion for delightful mobile user experiences
- Rock-solid programming fundamentals
- A track record of successfully shipped software
- Deep familiarity with debugging, performance measurement, and test-driven development
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Apps you’ve shipped on the store that you’re proud to share
- In-depth knowledge of iOS or Android SDKs
- A github account with cool projects to peruse
- Experience with mobile location and mapping technology
- A working knowledge of common design tools
- Backend or web development experience
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to build products that are accessible to users with disabilities, a plus
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top