Software Engineer - Internship/Co-op
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We’re looking for fantastic interns/co-ops who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence. Our organizational challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and pumped to build systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike.
As a software engineering intern/co-op, you’ll have a direct impact on the customer experience for both riders and driver partners. Do you like our service and want to bring them to the next level? Do you have an issue with our app and and want to fix it? We are ambitious, engaged and excited for disrupting the global transportation industry. We are not just another social web app: we are moving real assets and real people around cities.
Internship/co-ops are a minimum of 12-weeks in length in our New York, San Francisco, and Seattle offices.
Applicants MUST be returning to at least one semester of school upon completion of the internship at Uber.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline with a graduation date no earlier than December 2017
- Demonstrated software engineering experience through previous internships, work experience, coding competitions, and/or publications
- Available for 12-weeks of continuous employment
- Must be returning to at least one semester of school upon completion of the internship
- Competitive hourly pay.
- Catered meals and unlimited snacks.
- Monthly housing stipend, reimbursement for cell phone bill and credits for Uber rides.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Opportunity for full time employment upon successful completion of the internship.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top