Software Engineer - Intelligent Spend
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We’re looking for team players with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. You should be pumped about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities — varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size — with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements.
You like sifting through terabytes of data, moving them from system to system, transforming them from one format to the other in the most efficient way. You are passionate about building scalable, flexible and fault tolerant software systems. You are creative and not afraid of exploring new technologies. Well we want you to put all of those skills to use as one of the key members of a young and rapidly growing Intelligent Spend team at Uber.
Intelligent Spend is a forecasting platform that provides Uber with hyper-reliable long term global market intelligence, driver and rider balance and efficient market growth. The team combines data science with large scale distributed systems to build services that help Uber make better decisions around product development, pricing, promotions, and how to grow in new cities.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Technical Experience
- Experience in a variety of contexts, during which you’ve built insanely scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems. You have a solid knowledge of the whole web stack: front-end, back-end, databases, cache layer, HTTP protocol, TCP/IP, Linux, CPU architecture, etc.
- Experience building and scaling a batch and real-time data intensive platform
- Experience in capturing, handling, manipulating, transforming large scale data
- SOA experience
- Experience with Java, Python, Hive, Kafka & NoSQL
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown good judgement about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way — and you’re comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Skills in Go, Spark, R
- Experience with network protocols
- Experience with Machine Learning, Forecasting, Classification
- A passion for tackling real problems that have a real impact on the company
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun working environment.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets. Reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top