Software Engineer - Infrastructure (SF & PA)
As an Infrastructure Engineer at Uber, you'll be building solutions which will help builders at Uber create products for solving business needs. Your work will impact lives of engineers at Uber, riders, eaters, driver-partners, and operations teams across the globe. Our teams span from building data-centers, networking, scalable service, developer experience, data infra to data platforms.
You will use and work on tools which are at the cutting edge of technology and has to support the scale and real-time demands of Uber business.
- At least 5 years experience as a software engineer
- Expertise in one or more object oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++) and the eagerness to learn more
- Experience with building scalable production services with strict SLAs.
- Strong adherence to metrics driven development, with a disciplined and analytical approach to product development.
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
Bonus points if
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
Team-specific focus areas
Additionally, Uber has a variety of roles and teams for you depending on where your interests match best.
- High performance systems - Experience with building high performance distributed systems that can scale to 100,000s QPS.
- Core Infrastructure - Experience with developing and running large scale distributed storage systems, service oriented architectures, and reliable monitoring and deployment infrastructure.
- Data Processing - experience with building and maintaining large scale and/or real-time complex data processing pipelines using Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Storm, and Zookeeper
- Machine Learning - experience with machine learning, information retrieval, algorithmic complexity, data mining, pricing, optimization.
- Geospatial - Familiarity with geospatial datasets and services, such as maps, local search, points of interest and business listings data, mobile device location and GPS traces.
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen! Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top