Software Engineer - Hadoop Data
We are looking for talented & motivated engineers to help build the data platform that will enable Uber, as we move real people and things, in the 300+ cities across the world.
You will build upon a solid data infrastructure, that collects, stores and serves petabytes of information, services & frameworks that makes data more accessible to Uber’s developers, services & teams. For example, you will be building out a machine learning pipeline, that extracts standard sets of features out of our most important datasets, and expose them as Spark RDDs. You will be tasked with implementing SDKs for accessing the vast datasets we house and managing periodic computations, to keep our products and services up to date. You will be building out several gateway services, that offer low latency access to information in our Hadoop data lake. You will be working on building out sophisticated geospatial libraries, that can help our developers quickly build value on top of our troves of geo data. You will utilize the cutting edge data processing technologies, to extract enormous value out of Uber’s data.
Fundamentally, you will be working with a team of stellar talent, and build out the next generation of intelligent data services that will have a profound impact on how we march towards the vision of of Uber’s data driven, real-time marketplace. Working on data at Uber now, is an exciting opportunity as we need to balance the company’s needs to move fast today while continuing to build platforms that will be leveraged for the products of tomorrow.
Does this sound like fun to you? Are you a proven team player, smart at execution & love data? Then let’s talk.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong engineering background, ideally experienced with large scale data/distributed systems, housing several TBs of data
- Thinks moving fast short-term, while building for long term is totally possible
- Deep & Hands on experience building MapReduce/Spark or similar such big data pipelines/frameworks/services
- Prior experience building foundational services at scale (eg: ML Pipelines, Relevance systems, Search services)
- Can quickly learn and be productive at new data technologies
- Can produce quality code fast, preferably Java/Scala on *nix
- Solid foundation in distributed systems concepts
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top