Software Engineer - Full Stack (Marketplace Platform)
Uber is looking for a full-stack engineer to build tools and visualizations that empower the company to manage, configure and deep dive into Uber’s various marketplaces from both a historical and realtime perspective. This full-stack engineer would help work on and own tools that visualize trip history and complex interactions between riders and drivers, create intuitive and safe systems for managing two-sided and three-sided marketplaces, capture and render important city-based metrics and more. Uber has endless amounts of time-series and geospatially-indexed information ready for your exploration and creativity.
- Track record of successfully shipped software.
- Combination of front end experience in frameworks like React and Angular, plus server side experience implementing web services in frameworks such as Node, Flask, or Tornado.
- Drive to always learn new things and go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem-solving. Always working to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you.
Bonus points if you have:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A good understanding of data analysis, exploration, statistics, and general system design.
- Experience with machine learning, optimization, and algorithms.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top