Software Engineer - Full Stack (Marketplace Dynamics)
One of the most impactful teams Uber is looking for a full-stack engineer to build tools and visualizations to empower the team to understand the effects of our algorithms on the marketplace, both on historical data and in realtime. The ideal candidate would go a step further by jumping in and iterating on the algorithms based on keen insights gleaned along the way. Example tools include surge pricing backtesting engines, dispatch algorithm visualizations, and statistical compilations of marketplace health. Uber has boundless quantities of geospatially-indexed historical information ready for your exploration and creativity.
- Track record of successfully shipped software.
- Combination of frontend experience in frameworks like React and Angular, plus serverside experience implementing web services in frameworks such as Node, Flask, or Tornado.
- Drive to always learn new things and go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem-solving. Always working to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you.
Bonus points if you:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Deep understanding of data analysis, exploration, statistics, and general system design.
- Experience with machine learning, optimization, and algorithms.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top