Software Engineer - Full Stack (Marketplace Dynamics)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
One of the most impactful teams Uber is looking for a full-stack engineer to create tools and visualizations to empower the team to understand the effects of our algorithms on the marketplace, both on historical data and in real-time. You will excel in this position if you go a step further by jumping in and iterating on the algorithms based on keen insights gleaned along the way. Example tools include surge pricing backtesting engines, dispatch algorithm visualizations, and statistical compilations of marketplace health. Uber has boundless quantities of geospatially-indexed historical information ready for your exploration and creativity.
What you’ll need
- Portfolio of successfully shipped software.
- Combination of front-end experience in frameworks like React and Angular, plus server-side experience implementing web services in frameworks such as Node, Flask, or Tornado.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem-solving. Always working to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you.
- Drive to always learn new things and go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Deep understanding of data analysis, exploration, statistics, and general system design.
- Experience with machine learning, optimization, and algorithms.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top