Software Engineer - Frontend (Aarhus, Denmark)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber's Core Infrastructure team is seeking experienced software engineers to help create the future of urban transportation. Sounds interesting? Read on.
We are responsible for the infrastructure software that makes Uber's data centers around the world extremely reliable and scalable. We've built the foundation of a highly cohesive, loosely coupled service-oriented architecture that is going to propel us into the next 100x growth levels - which will come pretty soon, considering that we're doubling in size every six months.
We are partitioning data processing pipelines across multiple hot data centers and rethinking queueing systems that now handle hundreds of millions of jobs. Peak load is still a bit challenging for us, but we're hard at work developing the next generation platform that will scale with grace and can be operated with ease.
The Core Infrastructure team is creating systems for consumption by all the other engineering teams at Uber. Our frontend developers build the customer facing part of these systems.
What you'll need
- Fast learners. We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the frontend layer, you can dip down into the stack when needed.
- Deep architecture skills. You know how to create performant client-side experiences with code bases that scale for a large number of developers. You stay up-to-date with the latest trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You'd never call code "released" until you're satisfied it's correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, thorough documentation, and proper test coverage.
Some examples of work done by the Aarhus Engineering office:
- Mezzanine " target="_blank">migration
- Schemaless part " target="_blank">one
- Schemaless part " target="_blank">two
- Schemaless part " target="_blank">three
- Micro " target="_blank">deploy
- Trip data
Be" target="_blank">sqeeze sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Top of market compensation.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Breakfast and lunch onsite.
- Hip downtown office.
- The rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top