Software Engineer - Front end/UI (Communications Group)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We are the set of teams creating tooling and infrastructure to communicate with our customers across all phases of their life-cycle. The Ad-tech and Content teams leverage best-in-class machine learning techniques to drive sign-ups and maximize the effectiveness of billion dollar advertising budgets. The Customer Obsession team creates holistic, integrated customer support tooling to ensure that the 10 million trips taken on our platform each day are perfect. The Core Communication team builds the pipes that channel the billions of email, sms and push notifications that are sent out to our customers each month.
If you are the type of engineer who loves creating high leverage systems that enhance efficiency and effectiveness, we'd love to chat with you.
What you'll need
- Ability to learn on the go. You have expertise in areas you've worked in (hopefully React) and an eagerness to learn in areas you haven't.
- Product sense. You create more than beautiful code. Engineers at Uber play a crucial role in choosing what we build and how we build it.
- Versatility. You understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Design skills. You care about your consumers: Uber's marketing team. You optimize for intuitive and responsive layouts, maximizing for utility and efficiency so they can continue to grow Uber faster than any other company.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you're satisfied it's correct, monitored, documented, and tested.
- Team player. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
We're making transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. We need your brains and passion to make that vision a reality!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top