Software Engineer - Front end/UI (Communications Group)
Here at Uber our mission is to make transportation as reliable as running water. Uber served its 2 billionth trip in June 2016 and we are currently making investments into the systems and infrastructure necessary to support 100+ million trips per day. Key to this strategy is operational excellence through best in class tooling, intelligent technology systems and a bias towards machines making decisions.
We are the set of teams creating tooling and infrastructure to communicate with our customers across all phases of their lifecycle. The Ad-tech and Content teams leverage best-in-class machine learning techniques to drive sign-ups and maximize the effectiveness of billion dollar advertising budgets. The Customer Obsession team creates holistic, integrated customer support tooling to ensure that the 10 million trips taken on our platform each day are perfect. The Core Communication team builds the pipes that power the billions of email, sms and push notifications that are sent out to our customers each month.
If you are the type of engineer who loves creating high leverage systems that maximize efficiency and effectiveness, we’d love to chat with you.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Fast learner. You have expertise in areas you’ve worked in (hopefully React) and an eagerness to learn in areas you haven’t.
- Product sense. You create more than beautiful code. Engineers at Uber play a crucial role in determining what we build and how we build it.
- Versatility. You understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Design chops. You care about your consumers: Uber’s marketing team. You optimize for intuitive and responsive layouts, maximizing for utility and efficiency so they can continue to grow Uber faster than any other company.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct, monitored, documented, and tested.
- Team player. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the platform.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re making transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. We need your brains and passion to make that vision a reality!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top