Software Engineer - Front End (Platform)
Uber is a company that is changing how the world thinks about transportation. By constantly bringing new innovative solutions to millions of people on every continent, we are challenging how people think of car ownership, what they should expect from public transportation, and how tailored their rides should be for their individual needs. While doing this, Uber is enabling our partners, the drivers, to not just earn a living by driving but instead become entrepreneurs running their own businesses.
The web platform team builds the front-end tools and web experiences that empower Uber’s core web properties which include Uber.com, portals for our millions of riders and drivers, and business tools that manage our services worldwide. These web properties must not only scale to support millions of unique visitors a month from every continent on the planet, they must also handle rapid change and experimentation in a sustainable fashion.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Web Technologies. You’ve built side projects or professionally utilize the latest stacks and libraries such as Node.js, React, Angular, Rails, LESS, SASS, CoffeeScript, etc. You are excited by the amazing pace that the web continues to evolve. You seek new methods and tools to make great websites faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time. You’ve shown good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You’re willing to make mistakes along the way and make sure you learn from them.
- Make teams better. You can easily lead a team to the finish line or go deep on a huge challenge. You work well in fast moving teams and have no problem working with others to solve difficult problems. You support your team as much as your team supports you.
- Service. Your top priority is satisfying the rider and driver. It doesn’t matter what, how, or why something has gone wrong, you’ll jump in and take ownership of problems that might not even be in your team’s scope to ensure the customer is always getting the best experience possible.
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to build products that are accessible to users with disabilities, a plus
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top