Software Engineer - Front End
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The web platform team creates the front-end tools and web experiences that empower Uber's core web properties which include Uber.com, portals for our millions of riders and drivers, and business tools that manage our services worldwide. These web properties must not only scale to support millions of unique visitors a month from every continent on the planet, they must also handle rapid change and experimentation in a sustainable fashion.
What you'll need
- Web Technologies. You've built side projects or professionally utilize the latest stacks and libraries such as Node.js, React, Angular, Rails, LESS, SASS, CoffeeScript, etc. You are excited by the amazing pace that the web continues to evolve. You seek new methods and tools to make great websites faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time. You've shown good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You're willing to make mistakes along the way and make sure you learn from them.
- Ability to improve teams. You can easily lead a team to the finish line or go deep on huge tasks where the answers are not immediately obvious. You work well in fast moving teams and have no problem working with others to resolve difficult problems. You support your team as much as your team supports you.
- Sense of service. Your top priority is satisfying the rider and driver. It doesn't matter what, how, or why something has gone wrong, you'll jump in and take ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope to ensure the customer is always getting the best experience possible.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top