Software Engineer - Driver Incentives
The Driver Incentives team cares deeply about maintaining an efficient marketplace for Riders and Drivers, and growing the marketplace efficiently. We are focused on building systems that can scale, and intelligently achieve marketplace equilibrium across hundreds of thousands of drivers and millions of active users across 6 continents and close to 500 cities. We are looking for strong engineers with a passion for solving complex problems, pushing your boundaries and creating a huge and lasting impact.
Our ideal engineer enjoys working in a cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Product Managers, Engineers Product Marketing Managers, Finance and multiple other stakeholder and have a profound impact on our march towards an intelligent marketplace.
- Engineers who can go deep, but appreciate the challenge of going broad. This is a team that collaborates with others across all of Uber. Uber has a huge stack, and we’re all over it: backend services, real-time dispatch, mobile, web development, data and analytics, infrastructure, marketing systems.
- Strong software development skills & willing to take on new challenges.
- Intelligent. Highly adaptable. Rapid learners.
- Superior teaching skills. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun working environment.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets. Reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top