Software Engineer - Developer Platform
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We are creating engineering tools and infrastructure to help our team quickly iterate on feature releases, and continue to develop the highly scalable products that will allow us to continue to grow. The contributions of this team will make our already world-class engineering team even more outstanding and create an engineering environment where our developers succeed.
This team is shaping the future of our infrastructure, building software that empowers engineering teams to develop and deliver high quality products quickly. We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of developing software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health.
What you'll do
- Design, develop and deliver distributed engineering tools and platforms
- Support and address internal issues with Phabricator and Gitolite
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to resolve complex engineering problems in tools and testing.
- Work with Open Source community to co-ordinate contributions to the product and help define the roadmap
- Design and create tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity.
What you need
- Experience with infrastructure and distributed systems
- Background in algorithms and data structures
- Desire to contribute to the open source community
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging, troubleshooting skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Phabricator or Gitolite
- Experience with customer support
- Contributions to the open-source community
- Team player, good communicator, excited to work with a diverse set of peers
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top