Software Engineer - Developer Experience
Uber is looking for Software Engineers for the Developer Experience team to build an awesome platform for Uber’s internal developers. We’re part of the Infrastructure group, and that makes us the engineers for the engineers. You will help create libraries, automation, update testing tools, and improve pre-production environments. You will be vital to sustain Uber’s rapid growth.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- You enjoy building tools and environments that empower engineers to do great work with less effort
- You can identify emerging patterns and get ahead of the need for new tools, resources, and automation.
- You care about writing clear documentation so that other engineers can jump in and get stuff done
Skills we’re looking for:
- Expert level in at least one of these (bonus for more than one): Python, Java, Go, C#
- Experience delivering libraries or features to other developers (APIs, platforms, libraries, etc)
- Experience improving code quality through some combination of unit tests, load/performance tests, integration tests, continuous deployment, UI tests, chaos monkey, dependency testing, and monitoring
- Experience with development and maintenance features for multi-stack software system
- Experience with high performance and scalable software in distributed systems
- Ability to identify testing gaps and improve tests, test strategies, and code coverage
- Prior experience working in Linux environments
- Some knowledge of full stack infrastructure from front-end to back-end would be ideal
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top