Software Engineer - Data Visualization
We are looking for talented front-end engineers and information design specialists to build out our internal analytics tools and shared visualization components. Data is core to Uber’s daily operations and insights derived from this data enables our incredible growth. This is a new team, so you will have a chance to help define, from the beginning, how Uber visualizes its data.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Keen design sense and a passion for data and data visualization. You probably have a portfolio of work you’re eager to show off.
- A creative and analytical mindset to present information. You’ll be exploring awesome new ways to visualize data collected from cities around the world.
- Experience or interest in real-time data. You’ll be responsible for surfacing high-speed, up-to-the-second insights to users around the world.
- Strong sense of web UX, with experience building intuitive web interfaces that present data in compelling ways.
- Solid front-end architecture and coding skills, and experience in building reusable components that fit together into scalable production applications.
- Interest in data pipelines, APIs and query languages. You’ll have a voice in how data is processed, transformed and exposed to front-end consumers.
- A motivated, self-starter who likes to own what you’re working on, who is comfortable driving development from a sketch of an idea to a polished product.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top