Software Engineer - Data Visualization
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We are looking for skilled front-end engineers and information design specialists with 3+ Years of experience to expand our internal analytics tools and shared visualization components. Data is core to Uber’s daily operations and insights derived from this data enables our incredible growth. This is a new team, so you will have a chance to help define, from the beginning, how Uber visualizes its data.
What you’ll do
- Keen design sense and a passion for data and data visualization. You probably have a portfolio of eye-catching work.
- A creative and analytical mindset to present information. You’ll be exploring awesome new ways to visualize data collected from cities around the world.
- Experience or interest in real-time data. You’ll be responsible for surfacing high-speed, up-to-the-second insights to users around the world.
- Excellent sense of web UX, with experience creating intuitive web interfaces that present data in compelling ways.
- Outstanding front-end architecture and coding skills, and experience in developing reusable components that fit together into scalable production applications.
- Interest in data pipelines, APIs and query languages. You’ll have a voice in how data is processed, transformed and exposed to front-end consumers.
- A motivated, self-starter who likes to own what you’re working on, who is comfortable driving development from a sketch of an idea to a polished product.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top