Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure (Crystal Ball)
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We’re looking for team players with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. You should be pumped about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities — varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size — with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements.
You like sifting through terabytes of data, moving them from system to system, transforming them from one format to the other in the most efficient way. You are passionate about building scalable, flexible and fault tolerant software systems. You are creative and not afraid of exploring new technologies. Well we want you to put all of those skills to use as one of the key members of a young and rapidly growing Crystal Ball Engineering team at Uber.
Crystal Ball is a forecasting platform that provides Uber with hyper-reliable long term global market intelligence, driver and rider balance and efficient market growth. The team combines data science with large scale distributed systems to build services that help Uber make better decisions around product development, pricing, promotions, and how to grow in new cities.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Technical Experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with SQL
- Experience building and launching new data models that will provide intuitive analytics to customers
- Experience designing, building, and launching extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data
- Experience designing and developing new systems and tools to enable customers to consume and understand data faster
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive, Vertica, redshift, presto, Samza, pinot/scuba and data warehouse technologies is preferred
- Make teams better. You work well in fast moving teams and have no problem working with others to solve difficult problems. You support your team as much as your team supports you. You can easily work well across multiple teams in a high visibility role
- Service. Your top priority is satisfying the riders and drivers. It doesn’t matter what, how, or why something has gone wrong, you’ll jump in and take ownership of problems that might not even be in your team’s scope to ensure the customer is always getting the best experience possible.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun working environment.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets. Reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top