Software Engineer - Computer Vision
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About The Role:
We are looking to have world class mapping capabilities to support riders, drivers and even autonomous vehicles. This starts with collecting ground truth to continue to improve the base map data through imagery. The role will be focused on computer vision approaches to improve the geolocation of imagery and build out dense stereo reconstruction models for everywhere that Uber drives.
What You'll Do
- Improve world class maps
- Large scale processing of sensor data from imagery, GPS/IMU, and vehicle odometry
- Productionize computer vision algorithms at scale
- Develop techniques to optimize 3D reconstruction pipelines
- Improve the accuracy/quality of all imagery for Uber
- Transition computer vision algorithms to mobile devices
- Transition computer vision algorithms to GPU
What You'll Need
- A strong engineering background with solid computer science and math fundamentals
- An understanding of large-scale distributed data processing
- We span languages here: solid software development experience in either Python or Java is required. Go and/or Scala experience a plus
- Solid Linux skills
- Deep curiosity to explore new ideas and passion to make them happen
- A track record of being a self-starter, willing to take risks and make big bold bets, show great hustle, all while keeping a positive, winning attitude
Bonus Points If
- Experience using HDFS and/or Spark
- Experience in computer vision
- Background in mathematics or physics
About the Team
Uber, Advanced Technologies, Engineering - Imagery is the Louisville, CO division of the Uber Engineering Team: a high-performance culture marked by boldness and achievement. Our work is primarily in the areas of mapping and sensing. Our team is comprised of world-class developers and engineers with decades of experience and we're looking for exceptional engineers who can work faster and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence. We are engaged and excited about completely transforming the transportation industry across the world.
Back to top