Software Engineer - Cadence
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Uber is looking for a Software Engineers for join the Cadence team. If you want to feel and see that your contributions matter, if you love working in a dynamic, agile, continually improving environment, if you are up to a challenge of building services that will take Uber forward, come talk to us.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Focus on customers and deliver features that excite them and improve their productivity
- Identify emerging patterns and get ahead of the need for new service, resources, and automation
- Break down requirements into architecture and deliver code, while keeping operational issues in mind
- Write clear documentation so that other engineers can jump in and get things done
What You'll Need
- Expertise in at least one of these (bonus for more than one): Python, Java, Go, C#
- Experience improving service quality through some combination of unit tests, load/performance tests, integration tests, continuous deployment, UI tests, chaos monkey, dependency testing, and monitoring
- Experience with high performance and scalable software in distributed systems
- Ability to identify testing gaps and improve tests, test strategies, and code coverage
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
Bonus Points If
- Some knowledge of full stack infrastructure from frontend to backend would be ideal
- Experience building SDK and/or CLIs
- Expertize in Python
About the Team
The Cadence project is an open-source distributed, scalable, durable, and highly available orchestration engine to execute asynchronous long-running business logic in a scalable and resilient way. (Watch Maxim's talk at Data@Scale Conference for an architectural overview of product.) We're part of the Business Platform and Developer Experience group, and that makes us the engineers for the engineers.
Back to top