Software Engineer- Business Intelligence Data Platform Architect
At Uber, we have many opportunities to work with large data sets and to build essential tools that then transform the data into insightful information. We are looking for a data architect to design and build from the ground up a new Big Data product that can be utilized by different teams and build the next generation of tools to enable us to take full advantage of this knowledge. The engineers on this team are a critical part of making our data engineering platform successful.
The Business Intelligence Data Platform group oversees all of the data utilized by the Uber financial and executive teams. Their work is imperative to the business and will help make better decisions around product development, pricing, promotions, and growth in new cities.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Deep experienced with schema design and data set organization
- Experience building and launching new data models that will provide intuitive analytics to customers
- Experience designing, building, and launching extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data
- Experience designing and developing new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
- The ability to work well across multiple teams in a high visibility role
- The ability to take ownership of solutions, end-to-end
- Knowledge of SQL is a must
- Knowledge of Hive is a must
- Recent Objective Oriented Programming experience is a must
- Minimum 7 years worth of experience required
- Experience with Vertica and data warehouse technologies is highly desired
- Scripting experience with Python highly desired
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top