Software Engineer (Bulgaria)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Job DescriptionOur team's mission
Our team is responsible for several key capabilities associated with a trip or a delivery: from real-time tax rate calculation, to issuing all related documents that are important for our riders and partners (receipts, invoices, tax reports), to providing our partners with real-time and easy access to their tax data from within 3rd party partner applications like Intuit, Stride and HR Block. The platforms that we build need to be highly scalable (handling data from dozens of millions of trips per day), highly available (our riders and partners need access to their documents & data 24/7) and highly flexible (Uber is operating in 80+ countries around the world, each with its own compliance requirements)
- Passionate and experienced engineer who wants to build world class platforms based on Java and/or Go
- You are also a quick learner who isn't afraid to own their project. We truly love engineers who want to build something meaningful.
We would be super excited If you also have...
- Some level of understanding of fault-tolerant systems and multi-datacenter / cloud architectures
- Experience with continuous integration & deployment
Here are some helpful hints
We may ask what projects and products you have worked on before, what technologies you have already mastered, how many years of experience you have, but that's not really what matters the most...
Are you passionate about your work? Do you want to make a difference to the daily lives of millions of people around the world? Are you excited about learning new technologies and solving hard problems? Are you fun to hang with for hours on end -- because we'll be spending a hell of a lot of time together changing transportation in urban environments around the world.
BUILDING SOMETHING BIG TOGETHER
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in an exciting office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top