Software Engineer (Bulgaria)
Do you want to be part of one of the fastest growing and coolest startup companies on the planet? Do you want to make meaningful contributions to its success? If you answered yes to these questions, then this job may be for you!
We may ask what projects you have worked on before or what languages you program in or how many years of experience you have, but that’s not really what matters. Are you truly smart? Do you work really hard? Can you learn new concepts quickly and without hesitation? Are you fun to hang with for hours on end — because we’ll be spending a hell of a lot of time together changing transportation in urban environments around the world.
We need really talented persons to join out team and help us to create and maintain a 24×7 no downtime global infrastructure system running Uber’s business. The right person will be working with great technologies and amazingly smart people world-wide.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Confidence learning new languages, we love generalists
- Experience with the full web technology stack
- Experience with SQL (we use MySQL and PostgreSQL)
- Passion for solving dynamic challenges and building highly scalable systems
- Passion for developing, releasing, and running large-scale web applications
- Driven, focused self-starters who take ownership of their work
- A scrappy, get stuff done attitude that completes high quality projects quickly
Bonus points if you have:
- Insightful opinions about systems architecture
- Experience with real-time failover principles, systems monitoring, multi-datacenter architectures
- Experience with solutions for systems monitoring, system analytics, live deployments, continuous integration
- Ability to find and debug a variety of problems during emergency situations
- A GitHub account with some cool projects in it
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top