Software Engineer - Big Data
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
What you'll do:
The Maps Imagery Processing team is helping build the next generation of mapping and sensing technologies and looking for strong senior software engineers, who will be handling, tracking, and processing multiple petabytes of data a week. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting, agile, and rapidly growing new organization. As a member of the Imagery Processing team, you'll help design, and build an end-to-end system to manage, track, analyze, and process the data used to improve the maps from around the world. This will all be done using the latest open source technologies.
Here are the skills that we are looking for:
- Driven and focused self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through - you have a great work ethic and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
- Extensive software development experience in one or more of the following languages:
- Managing large data structures and creating algorithms to operate on them efficiently.
Specific skills that are a plus:
- Experience in distributed computing in Hadoop/HDFS, Spark, and Cassandra environment.
- Experience in creating tools that make developing, monitoring, and debugging software easier.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top