Software Engineer - Back End (Uber EATS)
Do you want to build the systems that power Uber’s next big business? Are you passionate about working with a fast-paced team at the cutting edge of innovation? Would you like to design, develop, and ship code that solves complex, large-scale problems?
Our team will bring Uber’s magical ride experience to delivery and make UberEATS the single largest food delivery service in the world. At the very core of our work, you’ll find dispatching and other real-time systems which form the foundation for the entire Uber logistics platform.
UberEATS is looking for talented and passionate engineers to build a marketplace that enables flawless and reliable food delivery across the world.
We’re looking for:
- Fast learners. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the API and service layers, you understand how all the pieces fit together (frontend, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team—that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Engineers who feel the most exciting code is the code closest to the business.
- Engineers who can go deep, but appreciate the challenge of going broad. Uber has a huge stack, and we’re all over it: backend services, real-time dispatch, mobile, web development, data and analytics, infrastructure, marketing systems.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top