Software Engineer - Android - Vehicle Solutions
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Passionate about Android and want to make impactful contributions to a world class app? Do you have ideas on how we can continue to improve the service for users everywhere?
The Seattle-based Vehicle Solutions Team at Uber is one of the fastest growing, most critical teams focused on growing the number of driver-partners in Uber's two-sided marketplace. Our goal is to help our driver-partners across the world get vehicles so they can join the Uber platform efficiently and at scale, and create tools and products that help our partners maximize their earnings and ultimately drive long-term growth and loyalty.
We are a team of smart, highly motivated and self-driven engineers working across mobile, web and backend. We are looking for skilled technologists with a passion for solving complex problems and creating a huge and lasting impact. We're revolutionizing how people think about our marketplace and building the most affordable and reliable platform in the world. Come help us drive the future of transportation!
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll need:
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Java Applications.
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Passion for products, empathy for users, and aspiration to make big impact.
- Business acumen and an appetite for data, or the desire to develop them via rigorous A/B testing, metrics monitoring, measuring, and optimizing.
- Deep computer science background and exceptional proficiency in at least one technical area from your past experience. Demonstrated experience of shipping great projects.
- Fast learner. You thrive on learning new technologies.
- Sound judgement between resourcefulness and raising code quality. Commitment to both breadth and depth of technical expertise.
- Insightful ideas about developing for mobile
- Experience developing location aware mobile applications and developing testing suites for mobile applications
What you'll do:
- Work on a small team, solving complex engineering problems that can make transportaton as reliable as running water.
Back to top