Software Engineer - Android
Millions of people from around the world have downloaded the Uber Android application and our numbers continue to grow rapidly. While our global reach is impressive, it’s just the tip of the iceberg as we are prepared to take things to the next level with a small, but phenomenally talented team of Android Engineers.
To be clear, we aren’t just developing an app; we are building an Android solution from the ground up. You will have the opportunity to own new features from day one, work on brand new Android functionality thanks to strategic partnerships, contribute to the design process, and build an Android experience that is second to none.
Are you up for the challenge?
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Java Applications (point us to your apps on Google Play).
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK.
- Crazy stories about supporting multiple Android devices
You also need experience collaborating on software projects. Cowboy coding is fun, but you have to prove that you can work efficiently as part of a team.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Insightful opinions about developing for mobile
- A github account with some cool projects in it
- Scary amazing debugging skills
- Experience developing location aware mobile applications
- Experience developing testing suites for mobile applications
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top