Software Engineer- Android
Passionate about Android and want to make impactful contibutitions to a world class app? Do you have ideas on how we can continue to improve the service for users everywhere?
As an Android Engineer, you'll have a direct impact on the rider experience for both riders and
drivers. We are ambitious, engaged, and excited about disrupting the transportation industry
around the world. Not just another social web app; we are moving real assets and real people
around their cities.
Our mission is to ensure all Android applications are built on a performant, reliable, and tested architecture that will allow us to present a product that is second to none. We aren’t just developing an app; we are building an Android solution from the ground up. Up for the challenge? Join Uber's mobile team in San Francsico.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Java Applications
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Passion for products, empathy for users, and aspiration to make big impact.
- Business acumen and an appetite for data, or the desire to develop them via rigorous A/B testing, metrics monitoring, measuring, and optimizing.
- Strong computer science background and exceptional proficiency in at least one technical area from your past experience. Proven track record of shipping great projects.
- Fast learner. You thrive on learning new technologies.
- Sound judgement between scrappiness and raising code quality. Commitment to both breadth and depth of technical expertise.
- Insightful opinions about developing for mobile
- Experience developing location aware mobile applications
- Experience developing testing suites for mobile applications
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Back to top