Software Engineer 2 - IOS
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it is heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is now fabric of daily life of millions of riders and driver partners around the world.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
What you'll do
The Uber iOS team is looking for highly skilled developers who are passionate about accelerating a worldwide transportation revolution. We're just getting started with our millions of users and hundreds of markets, and exciting challenges loom ahead. Come help us introduce amazing new features while preserving the magical simplicity of the Uber experience!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
What you'll need
- At least 4 years of experience developing, releasing, and maintaining iOS mobile applications
- Excellent expertise in Objective-C/Swift and Cocoa Touch Frameworks
- Insightful ideas about developing for mobile
- Amazing debugging skills
- Experience developing testing suites for mobile applications
- A github account with some neat projects in it
- More than one app currently published to the Google Play store with more than 100K downloads
- Employees are given Free and Discounted Uber credits every month.
- Free daily catered breakfast and lunch, free snacks.
- Gym and mobile phone reimbursement
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top