Software Engineer 2 - Frontend Engineer
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the team: Vehicle Solutions
The Vehicle Solutions team in Bangalore is responsible for two business line verticals - Rentals and Financiers which ensure supply side growth by bringing vehicles into the Uber marketplace. Additionally this team will also be involved in building vehicle owner tools. As part of this - the team has developed a platform to ingest, store and analyze telematics data (from 3rd party GPS devices, OBD2 devices and vehicle sensors) in real-time to help prevent vehicle theft, track vehicle mileage utilization, prevent multi-apping, promote standard maintenance compliance, identify unsafe driving behavior to reduce insurance costs, reduce reassignment turn time etc. The team has also built a comprehensive maintenance platform to help manage and optimize vehicle depreciation and operational costs (and thereby achieve neutral to positive net margin while offering attractive lease / rental prices to drivers).
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team
What you'll need
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Consistent record of shipping high-quality features
- You have minimum 4+ years of experience as a software developer.
- You have a strong understanding of HTTP, HTML, CSS, Web APIs and other core Web technology concepts
- You are an expert in debugging and profiling Browsers and Node.js, and understand ways to decrease page load speed and runtime slowdowns
- Passion for user experience: ability to work closely with designers and create products and services that bring best experiences for users
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to create products that are accessible to users with disabilities, a plus
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top