Software Engineer 2- Android
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
What You'll Need
- 4+ yrs Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Java Applications (point us to your apps on Google Play).
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK.
- Prior experience shipping Android Apps for consumers
- Crazy stories about supporting multiple Android devices
You also need experience collaborating on software projects. Cowboy coding is fun, but you have to prove that you can work efficiently as part of a team.
- Insightful opinions about developing for mobile
- A github account with some cool projects in it
- Scarily amazing debugging skills
- Experience developing location aware mobile applications
- Experience developing testing suites for mobile applications
Back to top