Software Developer (Internal tools development)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
In this role, you will build fast, informative tools to improve operational efficiency. Bring improvement to existing Ops tools for new partner onboarding and data transfer to external ad partners.
You are passionate about automation as we scale dramatically; it means building prototypes and alerting mechanisms so we can address a risk of operational failure before the problems ever happen.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Create tools to improve efficiency and productivity in Data Ops team.
- Work closely with our engineering team, product managers, and marketers to rapidly prototype and release internal tools for self service.
- Work across the stack from database schema design decisions to backend services to tweaking CSS.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of designing, implementing, and shipping developer-facing APIs and/or SDKs
- Developing web application back ends using Django, Rails, Express, Play, or an equivalent framework
- Building web application front ends using technologies such as HTML, CSS, Angular, React, Vue.js, or Polymer
- Deploying web applications on AWS, Microsoft Azure, or similar cloud provider
- Relational database technologies such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
About the team
The AdTech team helps Uber spend our global marketing budget to maximize impact on our business. The Adtech team has an exciting opportunity to build a premier marketing platform.
Back to top